View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 01:16 PM   #39
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragon View Post
Fair enough, but if that's the case, she should have went to the police in Calgary. The police headquarters downtown were a helluva close than Edmonton. However, she left the city after being the primary suspect in a murder/manslaughter that had coverage on almost all local and provincial news outlets. It doesn't bode well for your excuse that it was "an honest mistake," or "an accident," when you have to force the hand of the Police from another city to get involved in your capture, and it certainly doesn't help your cause if you go into hiding.

To me, the fact that she ran away indicates she had a guilty conscience, with the intent to hurt, if not kill this person, and ran away to protect herself.
Considering his friends tried to attack another Native women (IIRC) who "looked" like her is enough to run. I'm going to hazard a guess that they were also users and she probably got scared that they'd find her. Granted Edmonton is far, and she was clearly trying to get away. I agree that is clearly a guilty conscience.

Of course she tried to hurt him, he pushed her onto the tracks first. We'd all be irate if that happened to us. Dont get me wrong, I'm not making excuses for either party. But I really find it hard to feel sorry for either person in this case. Both were drug dealers and drug users, both had next to nothing to contribute to society. But by no means am I condoning murder. Would anyone here care if he got the crap kicked out of him?? Not a chance...

Drug dealers/gang bangers get whacked...part of the life you choose to lead.
FLAMESRULE is offline   Reply With Quote