View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 06:30 AM   #88
shane_c
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So I called the cable company a few days ago and cancelled it as of June 26 since I’m paid up until this point. I have my Terk antenna set up in the closet and can get CTV and CBC at 98% signal. It’s going to save $55/month which is better in my pocket than theirs.

I’m wanting to get a Roku 3 (mainly because it’s supposed to have a quicker processor and better wi-fi) but can’t seem to find when they’ll be available in Canada. I contacted Roku Canada yesterday and here is their response:

"Well, at this point we do not have an specific date for this release in Canada. The options we have available are Roku 2 XD and XS. However, at this moment I recomend you to take the Roku 2 XS model. The differences between this one and Roku 3 for Canada are minimm: both have USB port for external disks, LAN connection port, gaming remote control and both support HD formats. The main doffferences between them are the earphones and the control in the Roku 3 and the availability of more channels, but for US users. The Roku 2 can be used with almost any TV, and Roku 3 just can use HDMI connection."

From what I’ve read online there wasn’t a specific launch date in the US and that it just kind of showed up on shelves one day. I noticed that Future Shop has put the Roku 2 XD and XS on sale until June 21 so I’m wondering if they’re trying to clear some stock for the new model.

Last edited by shane_c; 06-06-2013 at 06:32 AM.
shane_c is offline   Reply With Quote