View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 07:29 PM   #63
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
That's a reasonable 80 zone. The 281 is the best road to get to southern Chestermere, as well as the k-9 school, and the 791 goes to the high school. A teenager got killed there a few years ago crossing those lanes as a young driver.

I'm glad that short stretch is 80, and that they patrol it. School buses pull out on the highway at both those roads. That there is a legit speed trap.

But they sure do like to patrol around here. I'm a bit further north of Chestermere, and they like to hang out / cruise on Conrich Road, 100th st, McKnight (the 250) and the TC. And at all the entrances/exits for Chestermere.
I understand why the limit was lowered there and have no problem obeying it. My gripe is that’s it’s there as the result of poor planning by Chestermere. Putting the high school out in the middle of nowhere, requiring everyone to get there by vehicle, was a stupid choice. I’ve had many close calls with kids returning from lunch at high speed and cutting over to make the turn.

What that road really needs is an overpass, paid, at least partially, by the City of Chestermere.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
4X4