View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 08:47 PM   #44
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The leaf is actually pretty rad. And with an actual manufacturer/dealer base, you probably won't find its unrepairable 10 years down the road.

I do wonder, is fuel costs the primary driver behind a decision like a tesla? Environmental? Status? Because I can't really wrap my head around just how much driving someone would need to do to make a model3 a better choice than a Mazda/Honda/Chevy/etc equivalent. I would really like to see a real and honest environamental assessment of a tesla vs. other when the entire lifecycle is factored in.

I love the notion, but considering how places like to get their electricity, I would actually rather burn a small amount of gasoline to get around. While every bit counts, passengers vehicles account for such a small percentage of GHG emissions, I'm not convinced a family sedan is the most appropriate place to be looking.
I also by and large think Elon Musk and his fanboys are goofballs, so I'm a bit jaded. Don't talk about environmental stewardship and then plan on sending pleasure trips to space for a profit.