View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 01:10 PM   #3130
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Ok, and I’m no expert so I trust the experts on these things, but is it seriously 4 years of work? That seems laughable. Surely they could prioritize one interchange, take a year and get that started or something like that? Like I say, I don’t know, but it sure feels like a long time to rework things and get shovels in the ground.
The start date doesn't matter nearly as much as the end date (or more specifically, the total project time). I'm fine with delayed start if it means the whole thing takes 3 summers instead of 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
If by 'they' you mean the Province then the answer is no. If by 'they' you mean the City then this should totally be a priority. Simple and easy to do, the right of way is there and there would be little impact on existing traffic. They could probably do this one in a single construction season.
Great point, it's so easy to forget when looking at Deerfoot in the heart of the city. Perhaps/hopefully the long lead time is also to give the city time to do some upgrades/preparations in advance of this disruption.
powderjunkie is online now   Reply With Quote