View Single Post
Old 04-13-2020, 04:04 PM   #150
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Really interesting Reddit post here about Boudreau and Selänne.

https://old.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...ruce_boudreau/

here's an excerpt:

Quote:
In the Sochi Olympics Teemu was determined to show that he still "had it". He played well and was sure that things would change when he came back to the NHL. Teemu played even less after the Olympics! (he is really pissed of when he says this in the video). After a game in Colorado Teemu asked to speak to Boudreau in private. Teemu said that "give me one chance, let me play with Getzlaf and Perry for three games. If I don't perform, then I'll retire. I tried to show you in Sochi what I can do, but you play me even less now." Boudreau agreed. Teemu played in the 1st line for three games with stats 2+2, he was the first star in two games. In the fourth game, after the 1st period Teemu was once again pushed down to the 3rd line. After this he decided to retire.

Teemu was so dissapointed with Boudreau after this. He didn't keep his promise and he didn't speak to Teemu straight but instead came up with excuses.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote