CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveway View Post
SWEET! Not responsible for our actions!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Yeah, I totally agree. We are supposed to be a civilized people. Blaming our action on nature when we have the ability to reason and be moral, is a BS excuse for behaviour.
God, that's obnoxious. You guys are pretty bright, huh? How did you manage to put these words in my mouth? I'm very sure that I never said that the effects of testosterone mean that people aren't responsible for their actions. Driveway (hilariously) asked what would cause men in particular to disproportionately engage in mass killing and other murder. The answer is - very obviously - the differences in biology between men and women. Men are more aggressive in general. This is an evolved trait. Pulling the wool over your own eyes about the reality of those biological impacts on behaviour is just hopeless stupidity. These are irrefutable facts. These facts, however, do not imply that people can't overcome their hormone-induced urges, nor does it mean that people shouldn't be held morally responsible for their actions because those actions are influenced by their biology. If that were the case, you couldn't hold anyone morally responsible for anything.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post: