View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 09:24 AM   #139
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

I do love the NBA blockbuster and how multiple teams are always brought in.

Huge risk for the Nets here and while this will likely have a better result than their 2013 trade with the Celtics that only got them to the 2nd round and cost them picks that turned into Brown, Tatum and Sexton. If all players are dialed in then there isn’t a better trio in the league than KD, Beard and Kyrie. Kyrie and Harden are absolute headcases though. Nets do have D’Antoni on their coaching staff though and he and Harden have a long relationship.

Rockets got the draft assets but I am not sure why they didn’t take the sizers offer of Simmons++. That is a 24 year old potential franchise player who is locked up long term. The rockets also sent a bunch of future picks to OKC for Westbrook a year ago so they can’t just go full tank. Oladipo is a good player and can be flipped or re-signed. Rockets still have a decent rotation with Dipo, Wall, Wood, Cozens. I heard the Rockets owner refused to trade Harden to Morey in Philly but that is dumb since it was the better deal. I guess banking on those Nets picks being higher in 5-7 years could turn out well for the rockets.

I love the deal for the Cavs who got Allen for dirt cheap. Apparently the rockets wanted to stay out of the luxury tax which is why they took the pick and Cleveland got Allen.

Pacers sent a guy who was likely to leave into a solid player who has 2 more years at a good price and a 2nd

Pretty exciting trade all around and so much more complex than any NHL deal
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote