View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 11:50 AM   #303
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
From what I have seen so far I don't think we have talked enough about Zadorov this preseason. He looks really good, mean, mobile, and seems more comfortable in his role. Maybe its the security of the long term deal 2 years lol, but I have liked what I seen so far and wouldn't be upset with him on the 2nd pair.

He does have bouts of turning into Bobby Orr at times, but I think there is more to give.
A player that if he stays within himself, can be very effective and useful. Asking him to play against the top lines and with far more polished Flames defensemen will likely take him out of his sweet spot if you ask me. It also diminishes the impact Tanev should be having on the lineup in general as you can't expect him to play the EV minutes he normally would alongside Mackey on the 3rd pairing.

For me it's just not the play to try and spread the wealth. Zadorov-Mackey could be an above average 3rd pair on their own and there is little reason to construct an inferior second pairing when the alternative is far greater and interchangeable top 2 pairs by keeping Zadorov down the lineup where he can excel.