View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 11:43 AM   #301
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Flatus View Post
This second option gives you 2 interchangeable, elite pairs that can skate and move the puck with/against almost any players in the league. By Zadorov taking on a bigger role, Sutter likely means anchoring a pair vs just being there, and we can read into that however we want.

For me, considering waivers and career arcs, you need to get Mackey into NHL action or you might as well cut bait. He's proving more and more to be a capable and cheap 3rd pair defender that can also skate and move the puck. Maybe he even evolves into more with time. The best way to do this is for him to play the third pair under the guidance of Zadorov every day until Kylington returns.

It's up to Stone-Valimaki-Meloche to battle it out as the 7th.
From what I have seen so far I don't think we have talked enough about Zadorov this preseason. He looks really good, mean, mobile, and seems more comfortable in his role. Maybe its the security of the long term deal 2 years lol, but I have liked what I seen so far and wouldn't be upset with him on the 2nd pair.

He does have bouts of turning into Bobby Orr at times, but I think there is more to give.
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post: