View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 09:15 AM   #15
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
I don't think anyone is asking for a cliche, but there are some storytelling fundamentals that shows should follow. Fundamental one: don't waste time. As a fan of the show I currently feel that I've wasted all the time we've spent on Stannis. If the intent is just to state yet again that not everyone survives, then that is poor storytelling. I'm sure people here will get all up in arms again over that statement but this isn't a uncommon feeling when it comes to GoT this season.

This finale didn't leave me wondering what's about to happen. It's left me wondering how long it's going to take to get the story back on track. They go from Hardhome which looks like things are going to start to focus, and now it's looking we're heading back to more meandering, especially in the Essos storyline. Except now it's with which characters? Who is the character in the north that makes us care one iota about what happens at the Wall? Ser Davos?

#TeamWhiteWalkers I guess.
Please explain. For one thing we don't know with 100% certainty that he's actually dead. Second of all why do you feel the time was wasted because he lost the battle to the Boltons? Why should it be written in stone that he win that battle and what here left you cheated? IMO the story wraps up nicely as his story was always about a man so hell bent and determined to gain the throne that he would not take no for an answer. He gambled on black magic, ignored the weather, other obstacles, was willing to lose everything and he did. Again I simply don't understand the expectations here by some.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 06-15-2015 at 09:20 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote