View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 02:08 PM   #46
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Agreed. When you look at his paltry few goals with the Flames, Brouwer most often scores as the trigger man after someone else does all the muckwork to get the puck to him. i.e.: his goal against the Sharks. Lazar and Stajan drew everyone to them, outworked their opposition and made a perfect pass right onto Brouwer's stick, unmolested in the slot for a 10 bell chance.
definitely agree with this.

He's a vet, he knows where he's supposed to be, if you can give him, like you said, a clean unmolested 10 beller, he'll finish it.

But I just don't see him creating much at all with the puck. He's had one or two nice dishes this year, but that's it. The best thing you could say about him before was he was good at screening the goalie and taking a defender on the powerplay when monahan would walk in and snipe it...but that was last year.

Brouwer problem badly needs addressing because it cascades through the lineup. Must be organizational pressure to get him in there is my only conclusion for why he gets the situational icetime he gets.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote