View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #59
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by worth View Post
Can someone explain why you would want to purchase a Nexus 4 outright rather than doing something like WINDtab where 10% of your monthly bill goes towards paying off the phone?
I've always preferred to own my own phone and not owe any carrier anything. I've only ever had one cell contract (with Telus) and I told myself never again. The WindTab is fine I suppose but I think you said it yourself... with that price I'd rather buy it outright from Google. You'll get the one-year warranty from them directly and with rumors of Google opening up a Nexus support line I'd just rather deal with Google directly then Wind.
Quote:
Regardless, $359 is a pretty fantastic price
Exactly, for me it's a no-brainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
Where does it say that Wind will be selling it?

And holy crap. Was completely asleep on this. Didn't think Google would release it considering they canceled the event. At this price range, I'm really considering picking one up instead of a Note 2....Gah...such a difficult choice.
For me, it's the Nexus 4.

The Note 2 is 649 outright or 199 on a 3 year deal. The Nexus 4 is 349... out right. I also prefer to have stock Android on my devices as opposed to Android with whatever Samsung etc overlays on it. Hopefully Google gets better and more Apple like in update roll outs, if you have a Nexus device you get the timely updates and that should continue to improve.

I've had nothing but good things to say about my Nexus S... it's a two year old device now so it's time to upgrade and only loving what the Nexus line is doing more so that's the route I'm going.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post: