View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 04:24 PM   #85
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I disagree with this. There are different types of soreness. There is the soreness within the joints, which is bad. There is also the dreaded DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscles Soreness), which comes post-squats, and is actually a sign that your form is good enough to properly hit your leg muscles. This type of soreness occurs within the major muscles in the legs.

After heavy squats, or a descent amount of reps at moderately weighted squats, I will get extreme soreness in my quads and buttocks. It won't start until at least 1.5 days after the workout, and depending on how good the workout is, it will last for up to a week post-workout.

I do agree that your body can get used to this after a while, somewhat. However, unless you are using PEDs, you will always get DOMS if you push yourself anywhere near your limits.
I think that the back squat is particularly difficult for most people to pull off properly. I was loading up to 225 on the bar and my lower back/glutes killed me after every work-out. I switched to front squats, and I still get that burn in my quads, but the lower back pain has entirely disappeared.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote