View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 09:31 AM   #5
simmer2
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
On the rule, we are comfortable to try it out this way and if it doesn't work we will adjust. Keep in mind this ONLY applies to euro and college free agents, which typically get a lot of press when those signings happen. And again, you can sign these guys in advance when there starts to be buzz about them potentially having NHL interest. That work is still rewarded.

Not being able to trade the pick: yes largely b/c it is hard to track, and we saw the nightmare of that this season. Once the order is established I think it would be OK. I would say though it shouldn't be traded to meet conditions (of which you have a couple) as those conditions were made with an understanding of round 2 being it's normal length. Otherwise i'm fine with that and will change the above to reflect.
I'm alright with that, as long as the commishes are open to adjusting if need be. I don't think rewards the right behaviour but am willing to try it.

RE the pick, that makes sense re meeting conditions. But thanks for making the tweak, I'll remember that anyways.

Last edited by simmer2; 10-09-2020 at 09:50 AM.
simmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote