View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 10:44 PM   #55
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
I highly doubt they link the registrar office's database to the profile webpages of every athlete on their website.

It is more likely a blurb is written for each player when they first come to BU and after every season an update is added.
There won't be a direct link, but directory information is straight out of the registrar's office. They are ultimately responsible for that information and there is a legal requirement for it to be up to date. I agree with what you are saying, odds are there is a profile update when the student returns to school in the fall and has the physical data added to the player profile. As I said, likely doesn't mean much, but was just strange to see a third year player identified with a sophomore program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
Good thing the police aren't after him, otherwise they might waste time searching the general studies lab instead of the hockey lab. The university would be liable for false information. Heads will roll. This is an outrage.
I know you were trying to be funny but interestingly enough, they are liable for false directory information. FERPA regulations are very explicit in the handing of student information and its accuracy. But that is here nor there and really irrelevant to the discussion.

Last edited by Lanny_McDonald; 03-26-2017 at 10:48 PM.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote