View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 06:16 PM   #3580
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I didn't love the Chapelle special like most of you. I liked it, especially how he was fearless tackling topics that most comedians would pass on all together or tiptoe around on eggshells, but I just didn't laugh out loud enough to consider it great.
Not done yet, but kid of feel the same. It wasn't due to taking offense to the topics. I was just surprised it came off a little "look what I was willing to joke about" more so than actual laugh out loud amazing jokes like he usually tells.

Don't get me wrong I'm absolutely not one of the butthurt critics saying it was inappropriate or stupid to take on such topics. It just felt like the daring subject matter of a joke was suppose to be a big chunk of what made the audience laugh.

It's fine, he's amazing and I've laughed at pretty much everything he's made, just wasn't that into this particular road he went down, and not because it was offensive, but because I feel the reach to touch offensive humour took away from his natural ability to kill it with a well crafted and delivered joke.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote