View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 11:20 AM   #88
wingmaker
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
Playing back in your net is appropriate sometimes, when you expect to need to move laterally

I didn’t read the Haynes article where he broke down every goal. 2 questions
- is that actually a problem that Haynes had as a takeaway with Smith? I can recall bad goals 5 hole (no change to pads this year), glove side between pad and glove, bad rebound punched out by the blocker right to an opponent, etc.
- even if Smith did have trouble with the chest protector, why are his numbers so much worse than every other goalie in the league?
Haynes didn't give reasons at all, he just looked at the differences in goals allowed between Rittich and Smith on a goal by goal basis.

I agree with your question about goalie equipment, it's why I think it is a red herring. Goalie not playing well? Must be the goalie equipment or they are getting old. Those could be reasons, but they also smack as over simplifications that don't take into account a specific goalie's situation.
Harry, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it, don't wait for it, just... let it happen. Could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or... two cups of good, hot, black coffee.
wingmaker is offline   Reply With Quote