View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 11:41 AM   #18
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
My ask is that assuming it does launch, people at least go to one game to see if they enjoy it, rather than writing it off because it isn't the mighty American league. Of course, that would require people to invest a few dollars and hours into a product when ####ting on it from their computers is free.
The fact that it wants to be the official premier league of Canada means I think people, at least on a base level, will take it a bit more seriously than u23 feeder leagues that doesn't have definitive Canadian content.

My ideal situation is that all major cities have a team (Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton, Montreal and Halifax), and that FC Edmonton and Calgary Foothills move their clubs to the CPL. The Canadian MLS teams use it as a development league for upcoming talent.

One of my childhood visions - and still to this day - is to see a proper, stable and supported Canadian Soccer league so that we may compete with the big boys on the World Cup stage.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote