View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 01:29 PM   #76
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Frolik is a pretty solid player game in and game out defensively. His offence is waning for sure. But I don't think he was sat for being a player on the decline. He was sat for two lazy stick penalties.

The distinction to me is important because this isn't a guy that will put up with a lack of discipline. Or maybe more specifically, if you're game is interchangable with others you had better not have something like lazy penalties against you.
He also made some cringe inducing turnovers trying to 'make plays' in the neutral zone/at the bluelines. He really #### the bed at least twice in his defensive coverage that cost the flames goals.

More than just penalties in my mind, those are the icing on the cake.

Even though he has a goal, he has warranted a scratch. It just happens that the flames have 2 or 3 guys waiting in the wings who can actually play now which makes the decision for Peters much easier.

If jankowski keeps skating the way he has (tracking down Girard on the PK coming out of the the avs end) he will make it hard for Peters to take him out in favour of frolik.

Seems like jankos attitude really benefits from a reality check periodically. Not that he has a bad attitude but he's a little happy go lucky. Much better player when he is working hard.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote