View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #64
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valo403 View Post
Any idea on whether either of those guys will play for the national team at some point, or have they seemed to waiver on whether they want to?
I think there's no question that Bennett will play for the national team, assuming health allows. I've seen him mention a few times about how much he's rooting for the other Canadian guys in the NCAA, and I get the feeling there's a lot of national pride with him. Will he play with the national team this summer? That's hard to say; like Wiggins, that first summer before starting an NCAA or NBA career is an important one.

Literally every guy who I've mentioned in this thread has played for Canada at the national level already on the cadet or junior teams. No guarantee that one or two guys might decide they don't want to play for the national program. But the best part about this current generation is that you could take any one player away (including Wiggins) and it's still a solid team by international standards. Unlike the Nash Olympics, it won't be up to one player to carry the team.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post: