View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 07:23 PM   #1407
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Canada has the most low carbon LNG though, which I think going forward is beneficial and something we should be pushing.

I get the benefit of working with Qatar, but I think on a bigger scale, countries have learned that putting all their eggs in one basket isn't wise either.

I do believe that if your government were serious, we could export our natural resources on a big scale, but for 25 years we've done jack #### to take advantage of what we have.
But again, we are reliant on the corporations to decide that less carbon is more important that higher income. Good f'ing luck convincing them of that. All the big corps like Shell will say it's important, then they go full in with Qatar.... At some point we have to realize, while we have the resources, we are at a big disadvantage. Countries would for sure love to diversify their sources of energy, but a country is at the mercy of a company like Shell and others to form a JV to do a LNG project elsewhere so they can write that contract. What does Canada do now.... entice the energy companies to say please.... we'll cover 50% of the costs if you build here, but operational costs will be higher and you may still make less? The same companies that actually are swimming in cash, but still make the decision to invest elsewhere, so would throwing money at it even work?