View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 05:11 PM   #1405
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackArcher101 View Post
If you were a global oil company that has the $ to invest into a LNG project, and were approach by both a Canadian entity and one from Qatar, who would you go with? The one that will take less money to make a better return? They won't pick Canada because we're nice people. Given our geographical and construction costs differences between the two countries, how can we compete for the interest of these companies? If you were looking to sign contracts for the supply of LNG, would you then pick Qatar who is doubling output and has investment, or would you take the risk on Canada?

Here's a quote from QatarEnergy.

"They need to demonstrate that they can give us a price that is above the market price because they would be coming onto the best project that exists in the LNG business from a cost perspective and a return perspective," he said.
Canada has the most low carbon LNG though, which I think going forward is beneficial and something we should be pushing.

I get the benefit of working with Qatar, but I think on a bigger scale, countries have learned that putting all their eggs in one basket isn't wise either.

I do believe that if your government were serious, we could export our natural resources on a big scale, but for 25 years we've done jack #### to take advantage of what we have.
Azure is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post: