View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 05:31 PM   #1538
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Finally tried iyycburger (https://www.iyycburg.com/menu) a few days ago with the gf and here’s my Review

Burger: Ordered a double with all the fixings. Meat quality was great. They boast 3oz, never frozen Alberta Beef patties and the taste and quality showed. All the fixins were there but it felt like they shorted me on the ingredients. Feeling to this is Similar to modern steak’s attempt at making a burger. Although I’m the type that likes a generously loaded burger and It feels like chains like A&W and five guys do better jobs at loading their burgers. Still the patty quality shines through

Onion rings: Meh, Standard frozen rings probably from Sysco

Butter chicken poutine: sounds interesting on paper but execution was off. Fries were good but the cheese curds wasn’t melted at all. They also cheaped out on any chicken pieces in the butter chicken sauce. Butter chicken sauce did taste good. Decent amount of fries for a decent price point though ($6)

Kitkat milkshake: I was so hungry that I gorged on the food before touching the milkshake, so to be fair, I can’t give this an unbiased review. It ended up melted before I got to it (sunny day on their outside picnic table) It was alright. Kitkat pieces were nice and so was the chocolate. But it wasn’t a thick milkshake so I think they may put more milk than ice cream in their ratio. I’ll have to try this again for a fair review

Mango bubble tea: My gf had this and it was Just plain bad. Tasted like Powdered mango flavouring in blended ice with overcooked tapioca pearls. You could pick any other place in Calgary to do a better job. I think they were banking on a predominantly white, Sundance neighborhood to not know any better of what good bubble tea should taste like.

Overall: burger Meat patty was great and the toppings were fresh but stingy on the amount. If I were to go back, I may have to ask for extra toppings to feel like this was a decent amount. Their other stuff were average, but I beg you to not order their bubble tea. If I were to go back. It’ll just be for their burger and maybe a second shot at their shakes.
7/10
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post: