View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 10:20 AM   #1019
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

If they're going to do a 24 team thing, they should really be only having teams that weren't in the division leaders (based on points percentage) have to do the "play in" round. Four teams, two eliminated in a single game play in, the winners play the 7 and 8 seeds in each conference based on points percentage in a 3 game series?

I realize this happens to be bad for the Flames based on where things finished up, but I just really dislike the idea of a team that had no mathematical possibility of finishing in the top 3 in their division getting one of those spots. The wild cards are... wild cards. it just seems less objectionable to me to have one of those spots get stolen (which was, if very unlikely for a team like the Blackhawks, at least semi-possible with 10+ games left when the season was suspended).

I dunno, I'd still rather they just ended the regular season and go straight to a normal playoffs based on points percentage, but the NHL just has to find a way to get those Blackhawks and Rangers into the mix and make as much money as possible.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 05-23-2020 at 10:22 AM.