View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 12:34 AM   #1001
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty81 View Post
I think they should do it... will be entertaining as heck and I have no issues with them trying to make money.

I don't think the winner should get the Stanley Cup and I don't think they should ever do a 24 team format again as it is nothing more than a cash grab under ordinary circumstance. This is not a proper SCFs based on a full regular season. Hand out a trophy but maintain integrity of the cup. Seeing the oilers win the cup after a mini tourney with them having home ice for the every game and no fans watching would probably finish me on hockey.

Also even now I think 24 teams is BS. Arbitrarily drawing the line at 24 is no better than drawing it at 16. Either way it is a line in the sand so why 24? Just go with 16 and get rid of the byes and any other advantages like host cities being NHL sites. Neutral site 16 teams. Pick a city whose team didnt qualify so u have an NHL rink but nobody sleeping in their own beds and getting their own dressing room boards and ice.

Flames get screwed here imo. They made the playoffs based on games played and winning % and points just like the top 8 but they have to play a an extra round and a team in the jets that didn't qualify based on games played

Based on winning %, the Flames were 9th in the West.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk