View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 06:05 AM   #20
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chances are you are just fine and that's just life. But sometimes you might need to look at it a different way. I learned a while ago that when a dog licks your face he's not giving you kisses but rather trying to find out what you last had to eat and if there may be a chance you could barf some up later. I'll take the kisses and hope one day they turn into a pure form of affection. And often they do. But only when I really learned how to pet a dog. If you are not going to barf up bunny rabbit parts that is all you got. So many people just start slapping a dog on top of the head and yell Good Boooooy. How annoying would that be? You have to let the sniffs happen first. Then understand that predators like cougars come at you with their palms facing down and claws out and come at you from above. Flip them hands around and pat the belly, chest and under the chin. Even understanding how dogs "do it" can help you tailor your petting to certain areas for certain dogs. It should be so natural and easy. But you have to be calm. If you try too hard to get a dog's approval you'll never get it. Be true in your approach to any animal and you'll get the response you want. Make each text about something real, normal, funny and not about slapping someone on the head ie flirting. Offer the next best thing to barfed up rabbit.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post: