View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 12:44 AM   #1
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Dating Advice: Calling and texting etiquette

Hi all,

So I was wondering if any of the other fellow single CP'er's may be running into an issue that I am sort of running into and how best to deal with it.

I am 34 years old, single and I don't use any social media or specific dating app's like Tinder etc.

I have come across a new trend in my dating life where I meet a girl, chat her up a bit that day or over the course of a few days, weeks etc and then ask for a phone number to take them out on a date. All goes well, get a number, girl seems excited, surprised, interested etc

We will message a little bit, maybe some flirting and then it kind of just dies on their end. Call it "ghosting" or whatever but it seems to die fairly quickly in some cases.

I've reached out to a bunch of friends and most of them say the same thing. "Everybody get's ghosted here and there, it's natural, don't worry about it"

What's different in my opinion is that this isn't happening on some app or some social media platform, I have personally met these girls, got a name, got a number, seen them in person etc. I am not flying blind here.

This hasn't happened a lot or anything but it hasn't happened 1 or 2 times either. It never really happened 5-10 years ago and I never seem to get the excuse "Sorry, I have a boyfriend" or even a fake phone number which has happened to a lot of guys.

Like how much chasing should I do here? What are these girls looking for? More aggressiveness? I don't have any issue with rejection, it happens but the whole idea of here is my phone number, I'd like to go out and then after a little bit of texting it seems to go south. It seem's strange.

As I said, my friends say don't worry about it, it happens but for me it seems a little different. Why give me your number if your not interested in even responding after a bit??

It's not an every time issue either, I have a decent dating life but it's happened enough with maybe 10 or 12 girls that I am questioning it.

Sorry about the long rambling post! Hopefully some others have some advice or some input?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by curves2000; 11-23-2019 at 01:51 AM.
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote