Thread: Mobility plans
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 04:29 PM   #42
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
I agree with the BYOD setup as well. I've been doing it for a long time and have slowly gotten a really good plan for no cost increase.

As an example, the Pixel 3 is currently $600 from Google on a sale right now, and you can get a 4 GB phone plan from Fido for $50 a month. If you're to work out the price of the phone over two years, it's essentially $75 a month for a good phone and a plan.

Fido is offering a Pixel 3 for $0 on an XL plan. The only phone plan for an XL plan is 10 GB for $105 a month. So you're spending $30 a month more than the BYOD route for a "free" phone, which I can only see being appealing for those who can't afford to upfront $600+ at the start.
Koodo is usually better than either of those options. For a Pixel 3, right now you can get it for $480 ($120 up front + $15 per month for 2 years) with a $50 4GB plan ($55 if you want unlimited minutes). And they'll throw in a "$100 bonus gift" which I believe is a prepaid Visa card.

So you're only out $120 up front and the end result is about $65-70 a month over 2 years including the phone.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote