View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 12:23 PM   #31
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hoping a few of you Plex users can help me out. Got a good rig up and running with Plex but have some questions regarding software you use for ripping Blu-Rays:

Make MKV:
What are you guys copying off of this? I watched a tutorial where the guy basically said to deselect everything in the list and just select the one that has the largest file. When you open the tree on that, there are a ton of other languages and subtitles in there that I don't think I need?

Handbrake:
What settings are you guys using? Hoping it's one of the available pre-selects? I tried one of them out and it reduced at 34 Gig file down to 4. Quality has to take a massive hit being reduced that much?

Lastly, and I think this is a common issue. Sound volume is very low on the first couple of movies I've ripped. I realize with mixed equipment, this may be a bit hit and miss. Primarily I'm watching shows on a TV with no HDMI ARC. Only digital optical feeding a Vizio soundbar. One TV upstairs does have HDMI ARC but don't have a media extender to stream to yet.

Is there anyway to fix this? I don't have a true quality receiver in my house as of yet.

Any tips/tricks for the above?
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote