View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 06:13 PM   #3767
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Both of those things a re a function of the player. Completely different than having an incomplete season.

There are too many performance bonuses, and other season-related contract items to simply ignore. They are going to have to do something.
Agreed, but whatever the League decides to do is going to have such far-reaching consequences that the response to different but similar issues is likely to be different. In other words, while they may decide to pay out bonuses on the basis of pro-rated season totals, it may be simply too difficult to pro-rate season figures for trade conditions. While the League may opt to honour some conditions on the basis of pro-rated totals, others are likely to be ignored. (I think the Neal/Lucic condition will not be satisfied.) I suspect that all trade conditions on the basis of playoff performances will be nullified; but by the same token, I also imagine that all deadline trades which featured draft picks will be upheld. I could imagine bonuses paid out on a pro-rated basis, but then again, how does the revenue shortfall affect revenue sharing between the League and the players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post: