View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 02:55 PM   #2326
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
No I saw the snark tags ...

But you've said the same things many many times. I can't just put POMPOS before a post and then say something I've said many times with immunity.

Who are you talking about?

I think advanced stats have become nothing of the sort. They are additional information in which to assess players and their performance. If you choose to either ignore or mystify the data that's up to you, but many wisely choose to take whatever is available to look into players.
I just don't think advanced stats and Bennett are ever going to compute well enough to tell the story with this player no matter how you look at it.

We all know he can look good for stretches and make a difference in a third line role with his tenacity and grit. The fact that he has something like 60 points in his last 200 games played (0.3 PPG) is pretty telling when you consider that number hasn't really budged despite having different line-mates, coaches and playing different positions during that time.

IMO he is what he is now and the Flames either need to embrace that and ensure his usage reflects it, or move on entirely. He would be far more valuable to this team if he focused and excelled at the other aspects of his game as opposed to sucking offensively in some in between role that ultimately results in far too little to justify.