View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 12:22 PM   #2
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Draft Summaries

Use this thread to post your draft summaries.

Here it is for the Wild.

#3 - William Eklund: This was my guy at 3. I would have taken him at 1 to be honest. And he's the reason I moved Barkov to get 3 - but then became worried that Washington might grab him ahead of me. I love his overall game and hockey IQ.

#6 - Dylan Guenther: This came down to Guenther or Johnson and it really was a coin flip. Ultimately picked Guenther as I think he has slightly less upside but not as much risk at Johnson. Was hoping someone I could get both but figured whoever I picked at 6, the other would go at 7.

#8 - Mason McTavish: Stocking up on forwards continues with a guy who has been shooting up the charts. Would have taken one of the Clarke or Hughes here if they had dropped but had no interest in Evidsson. So the pick was obvious

#10 - Cole Sillinger: perhaps the Flames choice, another skilled forward who could be a top 6 guy.

#11 - Chaz Lucius: Pure goal scorer. I was hoping to get these two guys back to back in these slots so was thrilled that happened. Flirted with Svechkov too - who went right after and I like a ton

#14 - Matthew Coronato: Another guy who has been rising up charts and was the precise guy I had targeted here. If he wasn't available would have gone with the goalie

#16 - Jesper Wallstedt: I'm stacked in net but this was just too good a value to pass up. That being said I think it's 50/50 whether he or Cossa goes #1 in terms of goalies which is why Carolina getting Cossa at 26 is, for my money, the steal of the first round

#17- Brennan Othmann: Was a guy I didn't like based on early research but who I warmed up to. Again - looking for skill up front here to re-build that part of my prospect base

#22: Corson Ceulemans: Seems like a guy that folks love or hate. Intriguing upside. It was either him or Rosen here but Rosen went right before me. Maybe will regret not going with Pastujov here who I was hoping to snag at 30 but would go at 23

#30 - Zachary L'Heureux: A complete dick. But if he ends up being Brad Marchand I'll take that.

#36 - Zach Dean. Had Ollen Zellweger targeted here and he went right before to Washington. Dean isn't a guy that I had specifically in mind but was the best value in the group. Knies was also a consideration.

#40 - Prokhor Polatpov. I've had luck with Russians over the years and at this stage he had amongst the most upside of players still available.

#49 - Danil Chayka. Don't particularly like the player. But he's big and mobile and could go in the first so at #49 the slot value was just too good to pass up.

#67 - Tristan Broz. Seem as a 2nd rounder hopefully, so just a value pic

#82 - Shai Buium. See Tristan Broz. At this stage just picking on the basis of slot value.

And then a bunch of other guys.
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post: