View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 11:18 AM   #1164
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Me too actually. I hope they do it justice but it also gives them the opportunity to inject a bit of levity and humour into the Star Trek Universe, although I'll call it right now one of those lower-deck officers is eventually going to wind up in a Command.

Sometimes following the Command Crew and Captain around isnt the most interesting part of the story.

I hope one of the lower-deck guys is the Transporter Operator.

"This is brutal..."

You know there were always questions in Star Trek about the fact that pretty much the whole crew of the Enterprise in TNG were officers and there were maybe two non commissioned officers on the whole ship.

And also when people were grabbing food out of replicators or sending their laundry down the chutes if it was a big con and there were people in the lower decks actually cooking and cleaning.

Sure the Federation promotes the idea of equality and everyone doing the jobs that they want to see, but that was just propaganda to destabilize the Klingons, I'm betting there were a whole bunch of people down below tired of being bossed around by 1000 officers and cleaning up their errr poop.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote