View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 04:17 PM   #24
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I find this quite fascinating.

2 things.

1. Its interesting that in many of the published "plans" it allows black coffee during the fasting, when the science behind the time window eating forbids anything other than water because that jump starts your system.

2. I'm not discounting this as a "fad" but I wonder if its popularity is a result of pretty well understood science like calories in calories out and "don't have midnight snacks" and combining that with human psychology. I don't thinks its much of a cooincidence that the most popular method is basically the breakfast skipping one. Many people do that already and its probably the easiest one to skip. For me it is anyway.

I think the biggest takeaway for me is the "10hr" window as described in that video. How many people have early breakfasts and late dinners? I know I do.

To counter TheSutterDynasty, fad or not, unlike Atkins, MEVY, That stupid Herbal pill diet, and any other of those "fad" diets, I think intermittent fasting is the most likely to be maintained and thats why its gaining popularity.
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote