View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 03:56 PM   #203
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
It would be even nicer if people actually supported the places that are doing these things for the club. Give the Ship and Anchor a reason to continue organizing busses to Cavalry games, by filling that bus and buying beers and food in their bar.

I think the Ship offer will have tremendous success, but people also need to remember that to have a setup like this, there has to be some financial reward for the bars that are doing it. Or else the setup disappears. And then people go back to bitching about ticket prices.
Don't worry. We'll keep bitching about them. But I'll be trying out the pub/bus as well. I like that initiative, and I agree that the pubs won't keep doing it if it doesn't make sense for them. I've done away days in the UK, and the pub and bus are a big part of the fun.

Perhaps a silly question, but because the Ship is kid-friendly, would there be any rule against bringing a 7-year-old along for pub/bus/match (paid, of course)? The pub and soccer culture isn't a problem - my kids knows what swears and beer are as he's got 1/2 English blood. Just wondering if that would be frowned upon by the organizers. I can handle the silent judgment of strangers.