View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 02:10 PM   #778
rhino
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainYooh View Post
Just listened to Lindholm's end of the season interview. He said that he didn't like switching between centre and wing, that he likes and wants to play centre and that he should have been more clear about it. What position is he gonna play in Calgary - 4th line centre?

Honestly, I don't really understand this trade at all. We get a centre instead of an elite RW, who we desperately need. We get a defenseman who is comparable but not as good as the one we've given away. And we've given up an elite prospect. What am I missing here?
First off.... maybe they do play him at 2/3 centre. You can’t say comparable but not as good.... it’s contradictory. I would argue that at 3 years younger Hanifin is better defensively then Hamilton. The “elite” prospect wasn’t going to sign here apparently. No one seems to think of the fact the 2 adds are recent top 5 picks in their draft years. We got high end young players that have played a lot of hockey already. I think Ferlands personal story makes it hard for some but he is very inconsistent.
rhino is offline   Reply With Quote