View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 01:11 PM   #757
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

So I think my kids competitive hockey careers are over before they even started due to cost. My 2016 could play with the 8u 'enhancement' team which is just the unofficial travel team since USA Hockey is not big on actual competitive teams at that age. But the cost is $2,000 not including travel or jerseys. My 2014 could play on the A/AA 10u competitive teams depending on how he does but that comes at a whopping $5,000 for the season not including travel or jerseys.

I just can't stomach spending 7 grand on hockey. Like we are fortunate enough we could spend that much if we were invested in the sport, but I just don't see it as a good choice. It really sucks as I would love to see them get challenged and grow in the competitive environment. From what I have read, our fees seem pretty high compared to other places. How do they sound to you guys? (considering the USD conversion)
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote