View Single Post
Old 06-08-2023, 11:56 AM   #22
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Your phone already does that. No matter what the settings are, assume that they can hear and see much of what you're doing depending on positioning of cameras and mics. Unplugging and no power is the only way to consider it off.

For in house, I just point it at the doorways and specific spots I want to occasionally monitor. I don't have it all over the house. The only time I had one in a room was for baby monitoring purposes. There's unmonitored zones on purpose that aren't "common area". As mentioned, the best defense against stolen footage is being the most boring ever.

I have more concern about my cell phone camera and mic maybe being on maliciously than I would for other cameras. I just assume those cameras can at any time be malicious any time and I physically control when it can and cannot be in the same way you unplug yours because it's a "risk" I'll take for features/convenience reasons. TBH, don't unplug it when your kids are there. Just leave it on and say it will never be monitored unless some reason afterwards requires it to be checked (ie: someone crashes a car into the garage while they're inside).
Good thoughts on everything and I hear you on the bolded, but I do want the kids to be able to just be kids without being recorded/monitored. Obviously they kind of got up to no good a bit since some beers went missing, but it's a high school party. I talked to them about A. stealing B. underage drinking and C. not being tits on our property. I'd rather just not let them hang in there before I start video recording them.

I guess another concern I have would be having recordings of underage people in compromising positions. Imagine if you saw some skin or something? Idk, I don't want recordings of high school kids just having fun and I also want them to be comfortable at my house just being themselves without Big Sliver watching. I'm definitely not one of those parents that would just let them drink, do drugs, etc...but I also don't mind giving them a bit of slack, too. I mean, my daughter will be 18 in, like, nine months. Have to start letting her transition into young adulthood now (imo).
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: