View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 05:03 PM   #1901
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I literally can't think of another one, so... that's probably your answer. The guy was legitimately a big deal for a year or two. But I'm still not sure what your point was. That if he didn't remain culturally relevant forever, the commentary in the initial post is somehow rendered wrong in retrospect? Not making much sense.

I actually don't know what even happened to him, if it was just a matter of people just no longer paying attention to him or something else. I vaguely recall he had some sort of health issue at one point... I assume he didn't die, because I feel like I'd have heard about that.
He was ill but he's making the rounds again with a new book. Beyond Order: 12 More Rules. I think like anything, he's got outdated and he's does have some bad takes. He can't get past the religion stuff and he generalizes a lot. He tried to debate Sam Harris, didn't go well.

Myself, I've never viewed Peterson as having great views but if his books or videos can help young men, that's not a bad thing. The criticism of him 'raising white men from the ashes to be evil' was always done in poor taste.

He was recently on Megyn Kelly's show (I know I've been mentioning her alot) and I think she clearly wins this discussion. He tried his "women are too agreeable" schtick with her and she wouldn't have any of it.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000515455248

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote