View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 11:54 AM   #1247
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

cycling specific stuff will generally be more $$$ - but there is always stuff on sale. you can look at the last hunt website as well as sugoi and peral izumi websites.

otherwise MEC brand is generally the cheapest cycling clothing. I have bought stuff from walmart, marks work warehouse, sportcheck & my LBS.

i look for medium weight stuff that can be combined for layering. also helpful to have stuff that takes up less room in the pack for the ride home.

for the bottom half, I go with a pair of columbia longjohns for when it first starts cooling off, then as it gets codler, i have a pair of lined cycling tights and then for fat biking i have a pair of pants i bought off of facebook - they are a soft shell material they were much better than expected for $40. I have seen them on amazon as well.

for the feet, i have booties and toe warmers - the booties are a real pain to put on. i find the toe warmers work quite well and i just leave them on for the rid home.

for the ears, i have a lightweight ear band and a full on block heater whichn includes neck protection.

i have a couple of lightweight jackets then a flece type jacket with a ind stopper in teh front. with layering this things has been good to -25c