View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #1026
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
Whether 720p vs 1080p actually makes a difference depends on viewing distance and screen size. For many a gamer it will not make any tangible difference whatsoever. Especially with upscaling.

COD on the PS4 while 1080p native is struggles with frame rate and has noticeable issues in hectic areas. This is a case where a smooth running 720p is a much better experience than an inconsistent 1080p.
For me, I'd have to disagree about 720p and 1080p (in isolation/everything else being equal) not being noticeable. It is day and night to me in my setup. But you might be right about other people not noticing/caring. I have co-workers who honestly cannot tell the difference between SD and HD.

Apparently there are Day 1 patches for a lot of the games to bump up the resolutions to full 1080p - including COD. Which makes some website wonder if that is why some reviews thought the difference was minimal and why some review outlets had absolutely no frame rate issues with 1080p and others apparently did.

Regardless, we'll probably have to see these games bake out in the wild for a little while before we find out if they are ultimately 720p, 900p, 1080p, how stable or unstable, if features had to be sacrificed for the higher resolution, etc.

Welcome to the world of after release patches and incomplete games . . . it used to only be a PC issue.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote