View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #1024
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
No green glasses. It's pretty apparent in this thread that picking on Microsoft is fair game but any slight against Sony results in the same old posters rebutting with excuses. Why even argue that PSN is as stable and robust as Xbox Live when everyone knows that's never been the case?

My PS4 is out for delivery this morning so no green glasses here. Just want this thread is balanced and fair and its tough when certain posters go out of the way to always highlight the negatives about one side while remaining quiet about negatives of the other side.
Oh hell no, PSN on the PS3 for a long while has been terrible. TERRIBLE. Slow downloads and painful (sweet ass PS+ benefits though.) That stupid search by letter thing is sooooo bad. I'd say XBL has clearly been more . . . smooth/friendly? Is that the word I am looking for? Not sure.

Anyhow, I see what you are saying and understand what you want/are trying to do Erick - and it's cool that you want the thread to be "balanced". I try spam whatever cool/neat news I see about whichever console (and frankly post too much probably).

But I don't think the thread can perfectly end up or should somehow be moderated to say both consoles are "equal" or "balanced" - it is just a function of the news coming out about the consoles, their messaging and how consumers are reacting. Heck, even the poll in the thread isn't remotely equal or balanced - and it cannot be forced that way.

It would be like discussing the current Oilers team and the Ducks right now in the NHL season. You can say good and bad things about both teams, there are blind fans for both sides, but there is no way that the thread/discussion SHOULD conclude or inform people that the teams are equal by any stretch. (Which is not to say that is an equivalent comparison - just a quick reach by me).

I still get what you are saying though. There is certainly good and bad about both consoles (and even the PC!). I just don't think it is anybody's job to spin things to make up a more balanced overall story if one side falls behind or gets ahead. That is Sony/Microsoft's job to put out better products and get the word out - I'm sure it will come up and get discussed.

Regardless of all that, don't forget to enjoy the fun of the console releases people! We get to do this again in a week!!
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote