View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 09:17 AM   #1506
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
The bags are over the top, no doubt.

The only weird substitution issue we had was we bought a small block of $8 smoked cheddar for a recipe and it was substituted with a $22 monster block! It was kind of hilarious, but we’re so cheap at the store that I was almost thankful for the gluttonous size and have been enjoying delicious cheese all month.

i think our favourite "substitution" was when we wanted a head of iceberg lettuce and ended up with a huge green cabbage instead. ok - i get it - they are both round and green, but come on, even 14 year old me knew the difference between cabbage and lettuce! ha!

one thing i found here in kelowna is when i got to superstore and called the 'pick up number' they'd go over the substitutions - if kept a couple of the substitutions but declined the bulk of them, they seemed to always refund the cost of all the substitutions (even the stuff we kept). that happened a lot and we'd never realize until checking the receipt at home as we unloaded everything