View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 11:01 AM   #3587
cross16
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy_12 View Post
I disagree. Anthopolous left this team a mess. Very few upper echelon prospects and THE oldest roster in the MLB.

That team was designed for a 2 year window only. He shoved all in, and honestly it was the right move. That franchise badly needed an injection of competitiveness like that after 22 years of failure.

But the job to clean up the mess after was a terribly difficult one. Shapiro and Atkins have navigated it beautifully. Not only are the Jays competitive again after just 3 seasons of futility, they have wave after wave coming down the pipeline and will be healthy for the next decade.

They got to this point by not being hasty and short sighted, as gratifying as that is for a fan in the moment, it isn’t beneficial to long term success.
This is well said. I agree. I'm excited for the plan to try and build a consistent winner not just a team that scratches to get in every 3-4 years.

I've still my questions about Atkins and he should still be evaluated but Shapiro I think was a no brainer so keep. Baseball ops aside I thikn he's done a good job establishing a culture, good decisions on things like uniforms/money/payroll, and they did an awesome job navigating COVID. he should get credit for that.
cross16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cross16 For This Useful Post: