Thread: 2020 Formula 1
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 09:55 AM   #56
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think that's the grey area, toe will definitely change how the car handles and steers. It increases/decreases the frontal surface area which changes drag and aero flow over the tire and subsequently barge boards/side pods. It also changes the contact patch (tire wear). It doesn't need to change very much but these teams are chasing 0.01s...

But is doesn't change any of the shape, length, connection points to the suspension.

It truly is brilliant, dont get me wrong. It is one of the few times we get to see such incredible innovation so clearly. The f-duct was also cool. Lol.

@Cecil...I think that 10 team approval is for a rule change only, correct?? I think this change just needs a protest under a race and to have a steward agree with the protest. How is it already banned in 2021, did they say no moveable steering linkage?

I also read that Merc could totally be playing headgames with the rest of the paddock. They could be running it anyways to completely distract the other teams. If thats the case, that is also awesome. #intrigue
FLAMESRULE is online now   Reply With Quote