View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 03:01 PM   #443
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
Even though it isn't in any proposal anywhere. I agree with Transplant, if the Oylmpics come to Calgary there's gonna be a new arena. This is an event seen by the world and despite the drawbacks it does bring the attention of the roughly 30% of the World.

I just can't picture an advertisement showcasing the Calgary 2026 Olympics with a picture of the Dome in the background.

Oddly, the sentiment at work is much different than CP. People here want the city to chip in and pay a substantial amount. Their reasoning is they go to the Dome a lot more than any other building or facility in the city. Thought that was interesting. Maybe selfish and short sighted, but interesting.
As to bolded one, yeah this ain't the summer Olympics, 50% of the world's population simply doesn't care about the Winter Olympics (and I mean don't even know they're happening type caring). Outside North America and Western Europe, it's a collective shoulder shrug. As to bolded two, your co-workers are aware they don't get to use the arena for free, and that any new arena comes with ticket prices that are guaranteed to increase a minimum of 20% right (nevermind $15 beer)? And that they can whine and moan about the Peace Bridge and Libraries, but them ####s are free to use right?

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 10-10-2018 at 03:05 PM.
Senator Clay Davis is online now   Reply With Quote