View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 10:53 AM   #56
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I mean, I agree with your general statement there that shoes are the most important thing to buy well, but then you go on to brag about $400 Allen Edmonds as if those are some sort of fancy shoe. They're well made tanks but they're by no means great examples of shoemaking. AE's are pretty much the entry level for "good" shoes. It'd be like talking about the wonders of owning a luxury car after buying a Mercedes CLA 250.
Allen Edmonds are an excellent choice for business attire. I'm a lawyer who wears them. I get compliments on them all the time.

You do not want to wear a pair of $1000 shoes that look like they belong on an Italian runway to work. I see the young shady stockbrokers and salesmen in my building doing this all the time, and all it does is make them look like salesmen.

Allen Edmonds visibly look well made and have a classic style that is perfect for business attire. We're talking about dress shoes for work, not a social occasion.

Unless you want to go up into that $800+ price range, Allen Edmonds are one of the best choices. If you do any kind of walking beyond exiting your car from the parking lot, I'd recommend highly against wasting your money on the higher end shoes, as you'll quickly put wear on them making them look like not higher end shoes.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post: