View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 03:28 PM   #96
lorenavedon
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
I do think the rent point is a valid consideration. It helps buffer the potential future savings if you also look at the rent vs principal payments between now and then.

As a seller i'd always take an offer seriously and counter, I'd never just reject the offer. That's part of the game, no room for being offended.
you say that now. Wait until you do a bunch of research, think your place is the best on the block has all these positives, all this maintenance work you've done on it, will last another 100 years etc. best access to amenities, worth at least 450k in your mind. You list at 429k because you know the market is a bit slow and you're going to move it FAST. Below assessment etc. Then your agent suggests you list for 399k because the market is really slowed down. You're like WTF the place is worth at least 450k how am I going to list it at 399. Then someone will offer 380? If I list it for 399 I have to sell it for list. No problem says the agent, at this price you'll sell it ASAP. You list it and weeks pass/ maybe months without an offer. Then FINALLY your agent comes with an offer. Thank god now you can final sell. Offer comes in at 340k. You're telling me you wouldn't be pissed out of your mind and ready to break stuff? Everyone thinks they're immune until reality sets in.