View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 05:47 PM   #2233
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I never understand this, so he was a borderline extra, so what? I dont understand what people were so critical of, he didnt do anything, his character could have been anyone, who cares?

The Twitterverse must be an especially cruel and vicious place if being an extra in GoT got to him that badly.
Personally, I think the reaction was silly and typical of Twitter and the social media age. I didn't even know who Sheeran was, or that he was in the scene, until I read this thread and the reaction on Facebook.

That said, I get the objection. From what I understand, he was singing a song that is on his new album. Arya's character was used to promote the tune. He is very prominently placed in the scene, unlike other guest stars. And I've noticed that HBO and GOT have undergone a pretty major marketing push for Sheeran over the last couple days.

The best thing about GOT is that it is nearly the most popular, anticipated, and consuming fantasy that takes us away for an hour a week in the summer. This single scene violated all of that in one sweep.

Like I say, I get it, but it's ridiculous.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote